At present, the International School of WUST has established cooperative relations with nearly 20 universities in more than ten countries, such as Australia, Singapore, Germany, the United States, Britain, New Zealand, etc. It holds a number of Sino-foreign cooperative programs, joint training programs, and graduate educational programs at various levels, including junior college programs, undergraduate programs, undergraduate-graduate programs, etc. The following are the main projects:
1. In collaboration with the School of Information Science and Engineering of WUST and the University of Bridgeport in the United States, the International school holds the undergraduate educational program in Electronic Information Engineering (the number of the approval from the Chinese Ministry of Education is MOE42US2A20121259N). The recruitment began in 2013. The school has an enrolment of 280 students, 33 of whom have gone to the University of Bridgeport for a double degree;
2. In collaboration with the School of Auto-mechanical Engineering of WUST and the Deakin University in Australia, the International school holds the undergraduate educational program in Mechanical Engineering (the number of the approval from the Chinese Ministry of Education is MOE42AU2A20131394N). The recruitment began in 2013. The school has an enrolment of 210 students, 33 of whom have gone to Deakin University for a Double degree.
3. In collaboration with the School of Computer Science and Technology of WUST and Birmingham City University in Britain, the International school holds the undergraduate educational program in Network Engineering (the number of the approval from the Chinese Ministry of Education is MOE42UK2A20141630N). The recruitment began in 2015. The school has an enrolment of 256 students, 4 of whom have gone to Birmingham City University for a Double degree;
4. In collaboration with Dresden University of Technology, Dresden International University, and Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg in Germany, the International school holds the German language training program. Since 2000, eighteen sessions have been held and nearly 400 people have been sent to Germany to pursue their Master's degrees.
5. Relying on the first-level master program in Foreign Languages and Literature in the School of Foreign Languages of WUST, the International school holds the secondary master program in International Business English. This major began to enroll students in 2014, aiming to develop the senior business specialists, who are composite, applicable, and internationalized, with a good command of English language and cross-cultural communication skills, being familiar with the theory and practice of the international business, and being competent in international business communication and management, teaching and research in multinational corporations, foreign-related enterprises, government departments, and social organizations, and colleges and universities.
For now, 304 foreign students are studying at WUST. 280 of them are undergraduates, among which, 204 students studying Clinical Medicine Science, 30 students studying International Trade, 36 students studying Civil Engineering. 34 of them are postgraduates, among which, 4 students studying Mechanical Engineering, 2 students studying Safety Science and Engineering, 2 students studying Material Science and Engineering, 7 students studying Chemical Engineering and Technology, 3 students studying Control Science and Engineering, 5 students studying Mining Engineering, 6 students studying Business Administration, 5 are exchange students.
Drawing on the successful experience of Chinese-foreign cooperation in training qualified personnel, our school strictly controls the quality of international students coming to China, organizes and coordinates with the Medical School, the Urban Construction School, the Mechanical Automation Institute, and the School of Humanities and Law to examine 232 applicants' materials. The enrollment work lasted four months from August to December of 2017. There are 168 students from 8 countries including Ethiopia, Pakistan, Gambia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. 7 graduate students came from Pakistan. Among them, 2 students have received doctoral degrees, 1 student a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, 1 student a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering and Technology, and 3 students Master’s degrees in Controlling Science and Engineering.
The Study-abroad Center of WUST is a qualified intermediary institution recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education (the affirmed No. of Chinese Ministry of Education ［2005］360). It is also one of the only four centers approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education in Hubei Province. International School of WUST is responsible for the daily management of the Study-abroad Center. For the past ten years, with its rich experience in applying for studying abroad, good visa success rate, preferential and reasonable prices, the Study-abroad Center has successfully provided satisfactory service for more than 2,000 students to study abroad.