Wenzhou Medical University-logo
Wenzhou Medical University

HOME > Campuslife > Visa-related policies

Visa-related policies

This part mainly introduces the visas of foreign students and the relevant procedures for legal residence in China. Please be sure to read them carefully to ensure that your actions will not violate the relevant laws and regulations of China's entry and exit management.


Study visa

According to Chinese law, foreign students studying in China should hold a Study visa to enter the country. To apply for a Study visa, students should hold the admission notice issued by the host institution, the "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW202 Form), and go to the Chinese embassy or consulate in the country to apply for the Study Visa. Students with a study period longer than 6 months should generally enter the country with an X visa, and students with a semester shorter than 6 months should generally enter the country with an F visa. Chinese embassies and consulates abroad have the right to decide whether to issue visas based on the students' personal circumstances, and the school does not guarantee any visas for students.

After enrolling foreign students, Wenzhou Medical College will send the admission notice together with the "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW202 Form) to the students themselves for the students to apply for visas.

The admission notice and the "Visa Application Form for Studying Abroad in China" (JW202 Form) are two very important documents. In addition to applying for a visa overseas, the study visa renewal and extension after enrollment are also required. Students must keep the original copy and bring it into the country. Scanned copies and photocopies cannot be used as official documents for visa processing.


Use Study visa correctly

Under normal circumstances, students should apply for a Study visa before entering the country to study, and report to the school to complete the enrollment procedures before or after the designated time.

Since the Study visa has a clear time limit, students who hold a Study visa should arrange a reasonable itinerary and report to the school on time after entering the country.


Using student visas to enter the country too early and too late will cause students to encounter problems with visa issues. Entering too much earlier than the designated registration time may cause the visa to expire before the designated registration time, and often the school is on vacation and cannot handle the visa business, causing the visa to expire and face penalties. Not only that, for students who have not registered at the school, the school cannot provide various services for students. Arriving too late will often affect the normal course schedule, especially missed class time.


If the student is unable to report to the school for various reasons, please notify the project contact who is staying in the office in time, and do not use the admission documents sent by the school to apply for the Study visa. To combat fraud and abuse of student visas, according to current regulations, after the registration period for each semester is over, the school will submit the list of students who have sent admission documents but failed to register at the school to the public security agency. Such records will not only hurt the student's future application, but if the student applies for a student visa to enter and engage in other activities, he may face investigation, fines, detention, or deportation.

If there is no special reason, the school does not approve the use of visa types other than the Study visa to enter the journal. Because according to the visa policy, students with non-study visas must switch to a study visa after enrollment. On the one hand, it takes time, labor, and money. On the other hand, certain types of visas cannot be converted to study visas, and even require The student to reapplies for the Study visa after leaving the country, which affects the smooth study of the student.

In particular, according to the requirements and authorization of the relevant government departments, for whatever reason, if the visa held by the student when he arrives at the school has expired, the school will not accept the student’s report. Any consequences caused by the expiration of the student's visa, such as being punished by the public security organs, failing to successfully enroll in the school, and the additional fees and time loss required to reapply for the visa, will be fully borne by the student.


Must not be altered

Passports and visas are very important legal documents. Under any circumstances, it is absolutely not allowed to alter any content on the passport and visa without authorization, and it is also not allowed to paint or affix commemorative stamps on the passport without authorization.

Altering the contents of passports and visas poses great security risks, and is regarded as an act of disrespect. If the passport or visa is found to be altered, the student may be refused a visa, refused entry, or be punished. Since the alteration is likely to cover up other illegal and criminal activities, students may also be required to be investigated. If the passport or visa held by the student at the time of admission is altered without authorization, the school will not accept its registration.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat