1. Q: What kind of university is Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Xinjiang Normal University is located in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. It covers a total area of 2,864 mu and is divided into three campuses: Hot Spring, Kunlun, and Wenguang. The school currently has 20 colleges, with disciplines covering 10 disciplines, and has formed a complete education system including postgraduate education, general undergraduate education, and international student education. The school attaches great importance to foreign exchanges and cooperation, and actively develops domestic and foreign education, technology, and cultural exchanges and cooperation. It is a Chinese institution of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization University and was awarded the "Outstanding Chinese Confucius Institute Institution" by Hanban. At the same time, the school is also the "Demonstration Base for Education for International Students in China" by the Ministry of Education and the "Chinese Education Base" for the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council.
2. Q: What is the school code of Xinjiang Normal University?
3. Q: What are the application requirements for Xinjiang Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship?
A: Application conditions:
(1) Non-Chinese citizens, in good health
(2) Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
- Those who come to study in China for one academic year (only for students from SCO countries) must have a bachelor degree or above, and be under 35 years old;
- Those who come to China to study undergraduate majors must have a high school degree or equivalent, and be under the age of 25;
- Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and be under the age of 35;
- Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree or equivalent, and be under the age of 45.
(3) Language requirements
One-year students: Achieve a score of 180 or more in HSK Level 3;
Undergraduate: HSK level 4 with a score of 180 or more;
Master's/Doctoral students: HSK level 4 with a score of 180 or more.
(4) Voluntarily accept the regulations of China and Xinjiang Normal University regarding the management of international students.
4. Q: What are the fees included in the Chinese Government Scholarship of Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Tuition, accommodation, living expenses, comprehensive medical insurance.
5. Q: What is the application process for Xinjiang Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship?
A: Application process:
- Log in to the Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System login to register, fill in and submit the application, download and print the application form in duplicate.
- Log in to the online service system for international students of Xinjiang Normal University http://overseas.xjnu.edu.cn/ to register, fill in and submit the application, download and print the application form in duplicate.
- Mail the application materials to Xinjiang Normal University.
6. Q: What are the application materials for the Chinese Government Scholarship of Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Application materials:
- "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form";
- "Xinjiang Normal University Application Form for Studying in China";
- Highest degree certificate (copy of graduation certificate or certificate of rank and notarized Chinese-English translation). If the applicant is a student, the graduation certificate issued by the school must be submitted;
- Transcripts (copies and notarized Chinese and English translations), stamped with the school's official seal;
- Study and research plans in China (including reasons for applying for majors, application of professional knowledge, study plans, etc., no less than 800 words, and must be signed by the person);
- Recommendation letters in Chinese and English from two professors or associate professors (signatures of recommenders are required);
- "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" and blood test report (copy, original, must be filled in English, and the test result is valid for 6 months);
- Copy of passport page and two 2-inch white background photos;
- Can submit academic achievements and award certificates for various cultural and sports activities;
- Students applying for music major must submit a CD of their work;
- Application deadline: March 31, 2020 (paper materials in triplicate).
7. Q: What is the contact information of Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Contact information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0086-991-4333950
- Fax: 0086-991-4333145
- Address: No. 102 Xinyi Road, Urumqi, Xinjiang
8. Q: What is the Confucius Institute Scholarship of Xinjiang Normal University?
A: To train qualified Chinese teachers, promote the international promotion of Chinese and the spread of Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban set up scholarships, commissioned Confucius Institutes to build Confucius Classrooms, and recommended some outstanding overseas students, scholars, and scholars. Chinese test site. Professional Chinese teachers go to Chinese universities to study.
9. Q: What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship of the Confucius Institute at Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Eligibility for application:
- Not a Chinese citizen.
- Healthy body and mind, good character, good study.
- Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching, and related work related to the international promotion of Chinese.
- 16-35 years old. The age of in-service Chinese teachers is not more than 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally not more than 25 years old.
- Not other scholarship recipients.
10. Q: What is the application process for the scholarship of the Confucius Institute at Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Applicants apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (CIS.Chinese.CN). Visit the Confucius Institute Scholarship website to find recommended institutions and funding agencies; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, evaluation opinions, and scholarship evaluation results; scholarship recipients and the institutions interviewed confirm the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificates online; Click the acceptance notice of the receiving institution. The acceptance notice should arrive at the journal at the time specified in the acceptance notice. To apply, fill in the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form" and attach relevant supporting materials, electronic scans, and submit materials. Xinjiang Normal University will organize Confucius Institute scholarship students to participate in a remote interview organized by our school, and wait for the scholarship review result after the interview.
11. Q: What are the application materials for the scholarship of the Confucius Institute at Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Application materials:
- Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form.
- Scanned copy of passport photo page.
- Scanned copy of HSK and HSKK transcripts (valid for two years).
- A copy of the foreigner’s physical examination record (the original is kept by the person), which must be filled out in English.
- A copy of the certificate of no criminal record (keep the original for yourself).
- Provide a notarized certificate of the highest degree (expected graduation certificate).
- School transcripts.
- Recommendation letter issued by the person in charge of the recommending institution.
- The Master of Chinese Language Education must provide two recommendation letters from the associate professor and above.
12. Q: What are the main courses of the Chinese International Education Major of Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Main courses: Modern Chinese, Ancient Chinese, Introduction to Linguistics, Ancient Literature, Modern and Contemporary Literature, General Introduction to Chinese Culture, Introduction to Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, Classroom Teaching Theory and Practice, Intercultural Communication, Overview of Chinese and Foreign Cultures, Chinese Talent Skills, Foreign Affairs Management, second foreign language (English or Russian).
13. Q: What are the training goals of the Chinese International Education Program at Xinjiang Normal University?
A: Adhere to the education and teaching principles of equal emphasis on knowledge, ability, and quality, relying on Xinjiang's unique advantages as the core area of the "Belt and Road", the policy advantages of international Chinese education, and has been engaged in international Chinese education for a long time, and cultivated a solid basic knowledge of Chinese and Chinese skills Teachers with second language theoretical and practical teaching ability have a more comprehensive understanding of Chinese literature, Chinese culture, and cultural exchanges between China and foreign countries. They have the potential to further cultivate interdisciplinary Chinese international education talents and be able to work in various teaching institutions at home and abroad. Practical linguistics talents engaged in related work in press and publishing, cultural management, and other institutions and industries.
14. Q: What are the obligations of international students of Xinjiang Normal University during their stay?
A: International students should fulfill the following obligations during their stay at the school:
- Abide by the Constitution, laws, and regulations of the People's Republic of China;
- Comply with the various management systems of the school;
- Study hard and complete the required studies;
- Pay tuition and related fees by regulations, and fulfill the corresponding obligations of obtaining scholarships and grants;
- Abide by the code of conduct for international students, respect teachers, and develop good ideological, moral, and behavioral habits;
- Other obligations stipulated by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China.
15. Q: What sort of rights do the international students of Xinjiang Normal University enjoy during their stay?
A: International students enjoy the following rights during their stay at school:
- Participate in various activities arranged by the school according to the training plan, and use the educational and teaching resources provided by the school;
- Participate in social services, participate in school international student groups and cultural, sports, and other activities, and establish groups on campus with the approval of the school's relevant departments;
- Apply for scholarships and grants;
- Obtain fair evaluations in terms of ideological and moral character, academic performance, personal evaluation, etc., and obtain corresponding academic qualifications and degree certificates after completing the school's required studies;
- If you have any objections to the punishment, sanctions, or handling given by the school, you can appeal to the International Students Appeal Committee;
- Other rights stipulated by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China.
16. Q: Can an international student at Xinjiang Normal University apply for a major change after admission?
A: International students should complete their studies in the admitted major. In special circumstances, you can transfer to another school or major with the consent of the school. Specifically, it will be implemented in accordance with the "Regulations on the Management of Foreign Students in Xinjiang Normal University"
17. Q: What documents are required for international students of Xinjiang Normal University to provide?
A: Foreign students should take the initiative to provide their entry status to the host school, submit passports, visas, and other documents, and consult about the issue of permits.
18. Q: When will Xinjiang Normal University apply for the residence permit for foreign students in China?
A: The residence permit should be obtained within 30 days from the date of entry, otherwise it is an illegal residence.
19. Q: What are the consequences of Xinjiang Normal University not applying for a residence permit?
A: Foreigners who illegally enter or leave China’s borders can be fined more than 1,000 yuan but less than 10,000 yuan, or detained for more than 3 days but less than 10 days, and can also be sentenced to a time limit for exit or deportation. If the circumstances constitute a crime, it shall be subject to law Be held criminally responsible.
20. Q: How do international students from Xinjiang Normal University apply for accommodation?
A: First, fill in the "Accommodation Registration Form" so that there are no missing items, clear handwriting, and standard foreign abbreviations. Then, if you stay in different places one after another, you should declare in time. If you have applied for a residence permit, and stay at the registered place of residence, you do not need to declare another accommodation registration. Leaving the place of permanent residence where you applied for residence permit registration and temporarily staying in other places (such as temporarily staying at homes of Chinese and foreign friends) should be declared.
21. Q: Do all international students of Xinjiang Normal University need a physical examination?
A: All international students studying in the school need a medical examination. Freshmen must undergo a physical examination within one week after arriving at the school to prepare for the residence permit; older students must undergo a physical examination one week before the expiration of their health certificates to prepare for visa extension and residence permits.
22. Q: What materials are required for foreign students from Xinjiang Normal University to apply for a residence permit for foreigners?
A: Materials required for foreigners' residence permit:
- Original valid passport
- Visa Application Form for Foreigners
- Copy of passport (personal basic information page, entry visa page, entry date page)
- Temporary Residence Registration Card for Foreigners
- Admission Letter
- "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" JW201/202
- Medical certificate issued by Xinjiang Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (No. 237, Gaoxin Street, Hi-tech Zone, Urumqi)
- School certificate and on-campus accommodation registration certificate issued by the Study Abroad Office
- Two 2-inch frontal and headless photos (photos with a barcode on white background)