Confucius Institute Scholarship
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, etc. (hereinafter referred to as recommended institutions) Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host colleges) to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors.
(1) Funding objects:
1. Non-Chinese nationals.
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning.
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching, and related work related to Chinese international promotion.
4. Age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old.
(2) Enrollment categories and application conditions
1. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
1.1 Chinese Language and Literature
Have a score of 180 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) on the Chinese test.
1.2 Chinese Language Training
With a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
2. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
2.1 Chinese Language and Literature
Have a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
3. Four weeks trainee-Chinese language + Chinese family experience
Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Have HSK scores. The recommending institution organizes a group to register, and contact our school in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the center for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
(3) Scholarship funding content and standards
The scholarship for international Chinese teachers includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
Living expenses standard: 2500 RMB/month for one-year trainees and one-semester trainees.
(4) Application process:
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website (cis.Chinese.cn) to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship. Log on to the scholarship website to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results; scholarship recipients and receiving institutions confirm the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificates online; press our school Enters the journal at the time specified in the admission notice.
The deadline for application is (according to Beijing time):
1. April 15 (Enrollment in July).
2. May 15th (admission in September).
3. September 15 (admission in December).
4. November 15th (enrolled in March 2022).
The center entrusts experts to conduct centralized evaluation, select the best funding, complete the scholarship evaluation work 3 months before enrollment, and announce the evaluation results. Xi'an Jiaotong University will issue admission materials to scholarship students who have received funding based on the results of the review.
Note: Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website, and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate. After all, applicants have completed the application on the scholarship website, they must also log on to the International Student Admissions website of Xi’an Jiaotong University to upload the application materials required by our school and complete the online application.
(5) Application materials
1. Scanned copy of passport photo page.
2. A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
3. Recommendation letter from the person in charge of the recommending institution.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a certificate of entrustment signed by the legal guardian in China.
5. In-service Chinese teachers must attach an in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the institution where they are employed.
6. No criminal record certificate.
7. Physical examination records of foreigners (uploaded to our school's online application system). The online application system for international students of Xi’an Jiaotong University:
(6) Matters needing attention
1. Applicants are required to provide true, complete, and valid application materials, and falsify them. Once verified, they will be disqualified from applying to our school.
2. Scholarship recipients must report to the school on time by the regulations of Xi'an Jiaotong University. Those who fail to register without reason will be disqualified for scholarships.
3. Those who fail the entrance examination will be disqualified from the scholarship.
(7) Contact information
Address: Jiaotong University, 28 Xianning West Road, Xi'an
Contact email: email@example.com