Master's Admissions Guide
1. Application conditions
The age is generally not more than 45 years old (as of September 1, 2021 ), fresh bachelor degree graduates, undergraduate degree or above, in good health, good conduct, and non-Chinese citizens holding a valid ordinary passport of a foreign country.
Note: According to relevant regulations, Chinese foreigners (including former Chinese citizens who have become foreign nationals and their descendants of foreign nationalities, and descendants of Chinese citizens) must pass the nationality certification of the exit and entry management agencies of the public security organs before they can apply for a foreigner’s residence permit. And register as a foreign student. For details, please refer to the "Guidelines for Nationality Recognition"
( https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/cn/16975/list.htm ).
Those who fail to pass the nationality verification will be disqualified from admission.
2. Application time
February 1, 2021 - April 27 (my school limit is no longer accepting applications)
3. Application procedure
Log in to the online registration system for foreign students of Xiamen University
fill in the information online, upload the application materials and pay the registration fee.
Note: Applicants should keep the phone open and check the online registration system account and email regularly. Our school will contact the applicants according to the actual situation.
4. Application materials
Applicants must truthfully fill in and upload the following application materials in the online registration system:
4.1 "Xiamen University International Student Admission Application Form". The registration system is automatically generated and must be filled out in Chinese or English, and the applicant's signature should be uploaded.
4.2 The university graduation certificate or pre-graduation certificate must be stamped with the official seal of the school.
(1) The bachelor's degree certificate must be certified by the education department of the home country, or the degree certificate must be completed in the online service hall of the Service Center for Overseas Studies of the Ministry of Education of China ( http://zwfw.cscse.edu.cn/ ).
(2) Students who apply with a pre-graduation certificate must obtain a graduation certificate before enrollment in September 2021 and complete the above-mentioned academic qualification certification.
(3) Graduation certificates obtained in China (excluding Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan regions) do not need to be certified.
(4) When entering the journal, the originals of the graduation certificate and certification materials must be provided for inspection.
4.3 The transcript of the undergraduate level must be stamped with the official seal of the school.
(1) Fresh graduates submit transcripts during the school year.
(2) Graduated undergraduates submit complete transcripts of undergraduate level.
(3) Internationally accepted standardized test scores, such as GRE, GMAT, LSAT, etc. Our school organization code GRE (GRE DI Code): 4692.
4.4 Study and research plans in China. Not less than 1,000 words. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs should write in Chinese, and applicants for English-taught programs should write in English.
Note: For those interested in applying for relevant majors in the School of Economics and Wang Yanan Institute of Economics, please refer to [Writing Guidance] SOP.pdf.
4.5 Two recommendation letters from associate professors and above experts, written in Chinese or English, must be signed by the recommender or stamped with the official seal of the recommending unit.
4.6 Proof of language proficiency.
(1) Applicants for Chinese-taught programs are required to submit a Chinese Proficiency Test ( HSK ) certificate, including humanities and social sciences, economics, management, law, art, and Chinese medicine with a score of 210 or above at HSK level 5, and science and medicine majors HSK Level 4 score of 210 or above, the certificate must be within the validity period. Applicants who use Chinese as the language of instruction at the university level can present the certificate of the language of instruction issued by the university as a substitute.
(2) Applicants for English-taught programs must submit a new TOEFL ( TOEFL iBT ) or academic IELTS ( IELTS Academic ) transcript, the new TOEFL must reach 80 points or above, the academic IELTS must reach 6.0 points or above, and the certificate must be Within the validity period. TOEFL DI Code of our school: C310 . Applicants who use English as the language of instruction at the university level can present the certificate of the language of instruction issued by the university as a substitute. Applicants from countries where English is the official language are exempted from submitting proof of English language proficiency.
4.7 A scanned copy of the first page of the passport (ordinary passport, and valid until after October 31, 2021 ).
Note: Applicants of Chinese foreign nationals (including former Chinese citizens and descendants of foreign nationals who have become foreign nationals, and descendants of foreign nationals of Chinese citizens) are required to prepare relevant certification materials before enrollment by the "Guidelines for Determination of Nationality" to avoid affecting registration Registration and residence permit in China.
4.8 The personal resume must be written in Chinese or English.
4.9 The scanned copy of "Foreigner Physical Examination Record"
( https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/cn/16973/list.htm )
must be filled out in Chinese or English and stamped with the official seal of the hospital. The validity period of the medical examination is 6 months.
4.10 The "International Student Financial Guarantee Letter"
( https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/cn/16974/list.htm )
and the scanned copy of its guarantee materials must be filled out in Chinese or English, and provide sufficient guarantee for their coming to China A deposit certificate for reasonable expenses such as studying, living, and international travel during the study period, and a scanned copy of the passport or identity certificate of the guarantor (limited to the applicant or relatives). Applicants for scholarships are also required to submit a financial guarantee letter.
4.11 Proof of no criminal record. Applicants must submit a valid non-criminal record certificate issued by the local public security agency, usually within 6 months of the date of submission of the application.
4.12 If you have any papers published, subject competition awards, participation in scientific research activities or academic conferences, and relevant skills qualification certificates, please upload them in the " Supplementary Materials " column of the online registration system.
(1) If the various forms, documents, certificates, etc. involved in the application materials are in texts other than Chinese or English, in addition to the originals, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached. It is recommended to go to the embassy (consulate) of the People's Republic of China in your country to notarize the above-mentioned materials and their translations. Forms, texts, certificates, etc. with more than two pages should be stamped with a seam seal or an official seal should be stamped on each page.
(2) The applicant must be responsible for the authenticity and completeness of the submitted materials. If the application materials are false or missing, our school will not accept them.
(3) Applicants do not need to mail original paper materials. In case of special circumstances, the Admissions Office of our school has the right to request applicants to mail original paper materials for further review and confirmation. The materials will not be returned regardless of whether they are finally admitted or not.
5. Admissions major
For the list of majors of our school's 2021 international students' master's admissions (including the contact information of the teaching secretaries of each college), please visit
5.1 Majors taught in Chinese: cover most of the master's majors in our school.
5.2 Majors taught in English:
To promote the internationalization of our school, our school offers several international master's programs taught in English to recruit outstanding international students. All courses of the international master's degree are taught in English with a two-year length of study, aiming to cultivate high-level international professionals who have a good professional foundation and understand Chinese society and culture.
school of Humanities
Civil and Commercial Law
Finance and Taxation Law
Nanyang Research Institute
Institute of Ocean and Coastal Development
Electronic Information (Professional Degree)
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
School of Economics
Wang Yanan Economic Research Institute
Institute of Financial Management and Accounting
Note: The number of students in English-taught master's programs must be 5 or more.
6. Admission and Selection
6.1 Qualification review
Our school will comprehensively review the applicant's foreign identity, highest education, professional foundation, language certificate, research plan, recommendation opinions, etc.
6.2 Interview assessment
The college students through the qualification within five months late remote video interview assessment (Skype), focused on examining the student's verbal communication, academic ability, and overall quality. Please refer to the telephone or e-mail notification of each college for the interview arrangement.
6.3 Our school will select the best candidates based on the applicant's qualification review and interview assessment results and professional volunteers.
Applicants can check the admission results through the online registration system in mid-June. Admission notices and study visa application forms for foreigners studying in China will be sent out in batches in July.
7. School system, length of study, and degree award
7.1 Chinese-taught professional academic system: 3 years;
7.2 Chinese International Education (professional degree), English-taught international master's program length of study: 2 years;
7.3 The longest study period (including suspension and retention of student status): 5 years.
Graduate students who have completed the required credits by the training plan within the prescribed length of study by the school completed the required links, passed the graduation (degree) thesis defense, met the graduation requirements in moral, intellectual, and physical, and were granted graduation, which was issued by the school certificate. Those who meet the requirements for degree-granting will be awarded a degree certificate by the school.
8. Registration fee
RMB 400 (paid at the time of online registration, the registration fee is not refundable.)
Fees are based on the academic year, in RMB, excluding textbook fees
9.1 Majors taught in Chinese
Liberal arts: 26,000 yuan/year, 78,000 yuan for the whole course; science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, law, and arts: 30,000 yuan/year, 90,000 yuan for the whole course; Chinese international education (professional degree): 30,000 yuan/year, 60,000 yuan for the whole course.
9.2 Majors taught in English
Chinese philosophy: 39,000 yuan / year, 78,000 yuan for the whole course; others: 45,000 yuan / year, 90,000 yuan for the whole course.
Note: If the above tuition fees are adjusted, the final fees approved by the price department shall prevail.
10. Cost of studying abroad
(1) Be admitted to the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, School of Ocean and Earth, School of Environment and Ecology, School of Ocean and Coastal Development, School of Information (National Demonstrative Software School), School of Energy, School of Electronic Science and Technology (National Demonstrative School of Microelectronics), School of Life Sciences, School of Medicine, School of Public Health, School of Pharmacy, Graduate School of Overseas Education, and School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (National Engineering Laboratory for Cleaner Production of Alcohol Ether Ester Chemicals, Engineering Research Center of Ministry of Education of Electrochemical Technology ) Professional degree master students, some master students from the Sabendong Institute of Micron and Nano Science and Technology, and master students from the Jiageng Innovation Laboratory live on the Xiang’an campus. Master students from other colleges (institutes) move into Siming campus.
(2) Siming campus and Xiang'an campus each have international student apartments, Siming campus has two-person rooms, and Xiang'an campus has suite-style apartments (each suite has four double rooms). The rooms are generally equipped with beds, desks, and chairs, wardrobes, air conditioners, water heaters, toilets (united apartments are equipped with suites), internet (at your own expense), and are equipped with self-service washing machines, dryers, and other public facilities.
(3) The on-campus apartment has limited bed resources, and priority will be given to students whose scholarships include accommodation subsidies. In the case of surplus bed resources, it will be open to other scholarship students and self-financed students who do not have accommodation subsidies to apply for admission. The standard of the accommodation fee is generally: Siming campus 30-70 yuan/day · person, Xiang'an campus 1600-4000 yuan/school year · person, the specific notice of the year shall prevail.
(4) International student accommodation on Siming campus without accommodation subsidy implements one academic year one application system, that is, the accommodation period does not exceed the end of the academic year; all international student accommodation on Xiang'an campus implements one academic year one application system, that is, the accommodation period does not exceed When the school year ends.
(5) International students are required to pay water and electricity fees in the dormitory school. For the specific charging methods and standards, please refer to the "Instructions for Freshmen" For details, please contact: +86 (0)592 2180501 (Siming campus), +86 (0)592 2886252 (Xiang'an campus).
(6) Students who have not applied for the international student dormitory on campus, please contact the off-campus accommodation by yourself before registering. The rent around the Siming campus is about 2500 yuan/room • month.
(7) Some Chinese government scholarship students and Confucius Institute scholarship students (the scholarship covers students with accommodation subsidies, excluding the South Asian teacher program), if they give up the qualification for free on-campus accommodation and apply for off-campus accommodation, they can apply to the school for corresponding accommodation monetization by the regulations subsidy. The details are subject to the latest notice of the year. For details, please contact: + 86 (0)592 2183606 .
1000-1500 RMB / month.
To protect the personal safety of international students in China, according to the regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education and the requirements of the school's international student management, international students must participate in the comprehensive insurance for international student groups by the regulations, for 800 yuan/person/year. For specific insurance items, please refer to the Admission Notice for Freshmen of the Year.
11. Scholarship application and review
For the specific application methods of the following scholarship programs, please visit the "Scholarship Programs" ( https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/cn/16962/list.htm) on the International Student Admissions website of our school:
11.1 Chinese Government Scholarship (Enrollment Code of Xiamen University: 10384 )
The full scholarship is free of tuition and enjoys living expenses, accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance. A partial scholarship is one or several items of a full scholarship.
Eligible applicants, in addition to the online registration system for overseas students of our school ( http://application.xmu.edu.cn ), also need to log in to the China Scholarship Council " Study in China Management Information System " ( HTTP:/ /studyinchina.csc.edu.cn).
(1) Chinese Government Scholarship University Autonomous Enrollment Project (full scholarship)
Xiamen University, as an enrollment institution for the Chinese Government Scholarship, recruits scholarship graduate students (including masters and doctoral degrees) of the program from around the world and submits them to the China Scholarship Council for approval. Students apply directly to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
(2) China-US Humanities Exchange Special Scholarship (full scholarship)
American students who intend to study in China for an undergraduate, master, or doctoral degree can directly apply to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
(3) Chinese Government Marine Scholarship (full scholarship)
For international students from the South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the surrounding and island countries of the Pacific Ocean, as well as developing countries in Africa and the Americas, apply to study in China for master's and doctoral degrees related to oceans. Priority is given to personnel engaged in marine and related industries. Students apply directly to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
(4) Chinese Government Scholarship - Bilateral Projects by Country (Full or Partial Scholarship)
In line with "Chinese Government Scholarship - country bilateral projects" applicant eligibility criteria, can send their students to the department or in the country where the Chinese Ambassador collar (Consulate) filed Education, the application time is generally early January each year -4, Application deadlines vary from country to country, so please check in advance.
(5) MOFCOM Scholarship of the Ministry of Commerce (full scholarship)
It focuses on subsidizing young and middle-aged Chinese people from recipient countries to study for a postgraduate degree in China. Applicants can generally apply through Chinese embassies and consulates (business offices) abroad before the end of May each year.
(6) China - ASEAN Elite Scholarship (full scholarship)
Support young professionals with work experience from ASEAN member countries to study for master's or doctorate degrees, or short-term advanced studies, or carry out short-term group research projects in China. Applicants can generally apply to the ACYLS national focal points authority from early January to early April.
Please visit our school’s international student admissions website ( http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn) and study in China website ( http://www.campuschina.org/) for the application methods of various Chinese government scholarships.
11.2 Confucius Institute Scholarship (full scholarship)
(1) Confucius Institute Scholarship - Master of Chinese International Education Program: It aims to encourage students and Chinese teachers from all over the world to study and study Chinese language and culture in China, and to study for a master's degree in Chinese International Education. Students contact the Confucius Institute in their home country, relevant overseas Chinese test sites, etc. to obtain recommendations, and log on to the Hanban / Confucius Institute Headquarters website ( http://cis.chinese.cn ) Application period is generally a year in March-May, the specific detailed scholarship application approach.
(2) The Chinese Language Teacher Training Program for South Asian Countries: Established by the Confucius Institute Headquarters, it aims to expand cultural exchanges between China and South Asian countries and promote the localization of Chinese language teachers in South Asian countries. The enrollment targets are non-Chinese nationals from South Asian countries who come to China to study for a master's degree in Chinese International Education. Students contact the Confucius Institute in their home country, relevant overseas Chinese test sites, etc. to obtain recommendations, and log on to the Hanban / Confucius Institute Headquarters website to apply ( http://cis.chinese.cn ). The application period is generally a year in March-May, the specific detailed scholarship application approach.
11.3 Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarship
To better promote the "Overseas Chinese Flag, National Glory" Mr. Tan Kah Kee's great achievements, attract and encourage more outstanding Chinese students from countries along the "Maritime Silk Road" to come to Xiamen for further studies, Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Education Foundation has been established since 2017 The " Tan Kah Kee Scholarship " is open to Chinese students studying for undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees. Students apply directly to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
11.4 Xiamen University International Student Freshman Scholarship
Our school selects outstanding undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students from the admitted freshmen every year, and awards tuition-free rewards ( 4 years for doctoral students, 2 or 3 years for master students, 4 or 5 years for undergraduates), and Provide living expenses for outstanding international students by government scholarship standards. Students apply directly to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
11.5 Fujian Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
Fujian international students for undergraduate, master's and doctoral establishment, funding undergraduate 30,000 yuan / person, graduate students 40,000 yuan / person, doctoral student 50,000 yuan / person, one-year funding period. Winners need to participate in the annual review, and those who pass the review can continue to apply in the second year. Our school will select the best candidates for the next year's scholarship. Students apply directly to the Admissions Office of our school. Application time: February 1 -April 15.
Our school adheres to the principles of standardization, objectivity, and fairness, selects scholarship candidates from among the admitted students, and submits them to the school and the higher-level scholarship authorities for approval. Recipients of various scholarships must participate in the annual review by the relevant scholarship management regulations. Those who pass the review can continue to apply or enjoy the scholarship for the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship.
12. Supervision, appeal, and handling of violations
12.1 Under the leadership of the school’s admissions leadership team, the admissions work of our school’s international students is organized and carried out jointly by the school’s admissions department and relevant colleges and is supervised by the school’s supervision department. The complaint hotline of the Supervision Office of our school: +86 (0)592 2180299.
12.2 The applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of the materials filled in and submitted. After the freshmen enter the school, our school will conduct a freshman admission qualification check. Anyone who does not meet the admission requirements of international students or falsifies, our school will cancel their admission qualifications by the relevant regulations and procedures of the higher education authority and the school.
13.1 Admissions Office of Xiamen University (responsible for international student enrollment and admission)
Phone: +86 (0)592 2184792 2188375
Fax: +86 (0)592 2180256
Email : email@example.com
13.2 Xiamen University Student Office (responsible for the registration and management of international students)
Phone: +86 (0)592 2183606
Fax: +86 (0)592 2186589
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
13.3 Chinese Proficiency Test ( HSK ) Test Center of Xiamen University
Phone: +86 (0)592 2187478
Fax: +86 (0)592 2093346