2021 International Chinese Teacher Scholarship
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, etc. (hereinafter referred to as recommended institutions) Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host colleges) to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors.
In 2021, Yangzhou University has the qualifications to recruit four types of students, including research students, undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students.
(For details, please click http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/AcceptShool to view).
(1) Objects of funding
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning;
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching, and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Please refer to Annex 1 for details of the scholarship funding content and standards.
(2) Scholarship categories and application requirements
1. Doctoral student of Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a master's degree, with a master's degree in Chinese as a foreign language, linguistics, Chinese international education, or education-related majors. Have a score of 200 in HSK (Level 6) and 60 in HSKK (Advanced) on the Chinese test. More than 2 years of working experience in Chinese teaching and related fields. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Postgraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 2 or 3 years (according to the actual academic system).
Have a bachelor's degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
3. Undergraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
4. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
4.1 Chinese International Education
Have a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
4.2 Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy
A minimum score of 180 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
4.3 Chinese language training
Have a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), and those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
5. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
5.1 Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy
Have a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
5.2 Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tai Chi Culture
Those who have HSK scores and provide HSKK scores are preferred.
(3) The handling process
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website (cis.Chinese.cn) to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship. Please refer to Annex 2 for the list of materials required for application.
1. Log on to the scholarship website to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results;
2. The scholarship recipient confirms the formalities for studying in China with the host institution and prints the award certificate online;
3. Enter the journal at the time specified in the admission notice of the receiving institution.
The student application deadline is May 15th.
(4) About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) Recommending institutions and receiving institutions
The recommending institution and the host institution perform territorial responsibilities by these Measures and provide services such as consultation, recommendation, and enrollment.
1. Relevant professional training programs and teaching courses can be consulted with the target receiving institution.
2. Applicants must understand the specific enrollment conditions and deadlines of the target host colleges, and submit application materials by relevant regulations.
3. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Method for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship".
4. Failure to register on time, unqualified entrance physical examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualification
(7) Contact information
Examination and Scholarship Office
Overseas Education College of Yangzhou University
Teacher Liao Tian
Contact number: 86-514-87978286