Language Advanced Students
Zhejiang Normal University (ZJNU) was established in 1956 and is one of the five key universities in Zhejiang Province and one of the top 100 universities in China. The four disciplines of mathematics, chemistry, engineering, and materials have entered the top 1% of ESI in the world. The school covers an area of more than 200 hectares, with well-equipped libraries, laboratories, gymnasiums, entertainment centers, hospitals, supermarkets, etc. The school has 19 colleges, providing 68 undergraduate majors, 53 master's majors, 28 doctoral majors, and non-academic majors. The school has more than 30,000 students and more than 3,000 international students. The school has 6 Confucius Institutes and has been awarded the "Advanced Chinese Cooperation Institution of Confucius Institutes" for 5 consecutive years, making it the only university in the country. The school has established academic exchange and cooperation relationships with more than 280 overseas universities and research institutes in more than 60 countries and regions.
1) Application conditions
1. Be over 18 years old, generally not over 50 years old (born before September 1, 1971);
2. Non-Chinese citizens holding a valid ordinary passport of a foreign country,
*Chinese citizens who apply to enter colleges and universities as foreign students after immigrating to foreign countries must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years (inclusive), and the most recent 4 years (before April 30 of the enrollment year) ) There is a record of actual residence abroad for more than 2 years (the actual residence abroad for 9 months in a year can be calculated as one year, subject to entry and exit signatures);
3. Fresh high school graduates or have a high school graduation diploma, with good high school grades;
4. No criminal record, no history of drug use;
5. Good health, no major infectious diseases.
2) Deadline for application:
Spring (February) Admission: Deadline December 31, 2020
Fall (September) Admission: Deadline July 30, 2021
3) Application procedure
Log in to the online registration system for foreign students of Zhejiang Normal University, fill in the information online, upload the application materials and pay the registration fee.
(Registration website: http://admission.zjnu.edu.cn )
Note: Applicants should keep the phone open and check the online registration system account and email regularly. The school will contact the applicant for assessment or interview according to the actual situation.
4) Application materials
Applicants must truthfully fill in and upload the following application materials in the online registration system:
1. ID photo (recent 2-inch headless photo);
2. A scanned copy of the first page of the passport (ordinary passport, and valid until after October 31, 2021);
3. Passport visa page (required for students already in China);
4. The notarized high school graduation certificate or pre-graduation certificate must be stamped with the official seal of the school:
(1) Fresh high school graduates submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by their school,
(2) High school graduates who have graduated submit high school graduation certificates;
5. Scanned copy of notarized transcript:
(1) Fresh high school graduates submit transcripts during the school year,
(2) High school graduates who have graduated submit complete transcripts of the high school stage;
(3) Student's country of origin, high school unified test scores or internationally accepted standardized test scores, such as UEC/A Level/AP/IB/SAT/ACT, etc.;
6. Physical Examination Form for Foreigners:
(Download link: PHYSICAL EXAMINATION RECORD FOR FOREIGNER.pdf
The content of the medical examination must include all the items listed in the table. Fill it out in Chinese or English, if it is not written in Chinese or English, it needs to be translated and notarized. Forms with incomplete records, no doctor’s signature, no official seal of the hospital, and no seal on the photo are invalid. The medical report is valid for six months. );
7. No criminal record certificate;
8. Statement of no history of drug use;
9. Proof of financial ability: provide a certificate of deposit sufficient to guarantee reasonable expenses such as study, life, international travel, etc. during the study in China (at least one year's tuition equivalent should be held);
10. Students who have already studied in China must provide proof of their original school's learning situation;
(1) If the various forms, documents, certificates, etc. involved in the application materials are in texts other than Chinese or English, in addition to the original, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached. It is recommended to go to the embassy (consulate) of the People's Republic of China in your country to notarize the above-mentioned materials and their translations. Forms, texts, certificates, etc. with more than two pages should be stamped with a seam seal or an official seal should be stamped on each page;
(2) The applicant must be responsible for the authenticity and completeness of the submitted materials. If the application materials are false or missing, our school will not accept them;
(3) Our school fully implements an online application system and does not accept mailed paper materials.
5) Admission and Selection
The admission of international students in our school implements the "application review system" that is in line with international standards. The Admissions Office of our school will work with the admissions review expert panel of the relevant departments and departments to select the best candidates for admission based on the applicant's academic performance, language level, comprehensive quality, and professional volunteers. According to the requirements of the department and major, applicants will be notified in advance if they need to participate in an assessment or interview.
Our school generally responds to the admission result within one month after receiving the complete application materials. The admission notice and the study visa application form for foreigners studying in China will be sent out one month after the student pays the application fee. Applicants are requested to log in to the online registration system (http://admission.zjnu.edu.cn) in time to check the admission results and the details of sending the admission notice.
6) The school system
School system: 0.5-1 years.
7) Registration fee:
RMB 400 (paid at the time of online registration, the registration fee is not refundable).
RMB 14,000 per year (charged based on the academic year, in RMB, the following fees do not include teaching materials).
Note: If the above tuition fees are adjusted, the final fees approved by the price department shall prevail.
9) Accommodation and living expenses
1. Accommodation fee:
(1) The school has Qiming International Student Apartments and International Exchange Center International Student Apartments on campus. The dormitories are equipped with toilets, air conditioning, network interfaces and shared washing machines, etc., with complete facilities, standardized management, and convenient living;
(2) Double room: RMB 2250/person/semester; Single room: RMB 4500/person/semester;
(3) Chinese government scholarship students and Confucius Institute scholarship students (where the subsidy covers accommodation fees) do not agree to off-campus accommodation in principle.
2. Meal fee: about RMB 800 per month (personal living habits of students, the cost of each person is different).
3. Insurance premium: RMB 800 per year.
10) Scholarship application and review
For the specific application methods of the following scholarship programs, please visit the International Student Admissions website of our school
( Http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn )
The "Scholarship" column on the homepage.
★Confucius Institute Scholarship
To train qualified Chinese teachers and promote the international promotion of the Chinese language and the spread of Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) has established Confucius Institute Scholarships and commissioned Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius classrooms, and overseas Chinese test sites ( Hereinafter referred to as the recommended institution) recommend outstanding students and in-service Chinese teachers to study in Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as the host institutions).
Our school accepts non-academic and academic students of the Chinese language for one semester, one academic year, undergraduate, master, etc. For specific project information and requirements, please refer to our school’s admissions website
( Http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn ).
Students contact the Confucius Institute in their home country, relevant overseas Chinese test sites, etc. to obtain recommendations, and log on to the Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters website to apply
( http://cis.chinese.cn ).
(The application time is subject to the announcement on our school’s admissions website
Zhejiang Normal University International Student Management Office (responsible for international student enrollment, admission, and management)
Phone: +86 (0)579 82283155
Fax: +86 (0)579 82280337
Email : email@example.com
The use of drugs (including marijuana) is illegal in China, and the school physical examination includes drug testing.
This enrollment guide is explained by the Admissions Office of Zhejiang Normal University. It is not allowed to reprint without authorization.