Introduction to the enrollment of advanced Chinese class
(1) Comprehensive information
The School of International Education of Zhejiang University offers Chinese language and Chinese culture training programs all year-round. The study period for the spring semester is generally from the end of February to the beginning of July, and the study period for the fall semester is generally from the beginning of September to the end of January. The application period for freshmen in the spring semester is from mid-October to early January of the following year. The application period for new students in the fall semester is from early March to early June. The specifics are subject to the admissions guidelines published on the college's official website each semester.
Chinese language students are divided into classes of different levels according to the scores of the entrance Chinese proficiency grading test. The study time per semester is 17 or 18 weeks (including the two-week test period). There are 18 hours of Chinese language classes per week. There are also many cultural electives. Students can choose 1-2 per semester according to their interests and Chinese level Gate. Students who complete the courses as required and pass the assessment will receive a certificate of advanced Chinese language training issued by Zhejiang University.
At the elementary level (levels 1-3), the main courses include intensive reading, speaking, listening, and reading.
Intermediate level (Level 4-5), the main courses include intensive reading, listening and speaking, writing, reading, etc.
At the advanced stage (levels 6-7), the main courses include intensive reading, advanced Chinese comprehensive, writing, reading, etc.
Elective courses include martial arts, Tai Chi, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese painting, knowledge of Chinese characters, Chinese film and television appreciation, ancient Chinese, HSK test guidance, oral business Chinese, practical writing, Chinese good stories, contemporary China, etc.
Note: The above elective courses will be arranged according to the actual situation and may be changed. The elective courses offered in each semester are subject to the courses announced after the beginning of the semester.
* Applicants are welcome to click on the following web links to experience the Chinese language and culture courses of the International Education College of Zhejiang University:
(3) Application deadline (2021 fall semester)
From now until June 15, 2021
(4) Application fee, tuition, and insurance fee:
1. Application fee: RMB 400. Regardless of whether they are admitted or not, they will not be refunded.
2. Tuition fee: RMB 9,000/semester
3. Insurance fee: RMB 400 per semester (see item 9 for details)
4. Payment method: Applicants can pay the application fee and tuition online in the International Student Application and Admissions System of Zhejiang University.
(5) Eligibility for application
Aged from 18 to 65 years old, physically and mentally healthy, with a high school diploma or above.
(6) Application steps
1. Log in to the International Student Admissions System of Zhejiang University, register, and activate your account.
2. Fill in the online application form for international students (Chinese language advanced students) at Zhejiang University and upload a copy of your passport.
3. Pay the application fee online (RMB 400).
Please submit all materials to the online registration system within the application deadline. Incomplete materials or those who have not successfully registered online will not be accepted. Regardless of whether the applicant is admitted by our school, the application fee will not be refunded.
(7) Review, admission, and notification
1. The school will review the applicant's application materials and select the best candidates for admission.
2. Admission and notification: Applicants can check the admission results in the International Student Application and Admissions System of Zhejiang University.
The school will send out admission materials in batches starting from mid-to-late June 2021, such as the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China".
1. Admitted students must come to the school to register and register in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice.
2. The opening of the journal will be at the end of August or the beginning of September 2021. The specific date is subject to the Admission Notice.
Note: For students who are in mainland China and who can enter the school with a study visa at that time, the on-site teaching mode is adopted. For students who cannot come to the school for on-site learning, we will teach the whole course online. "
(9) Medical insurance
Cost: RMB 400/semester
According to the regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education, international students who come to our school to study must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in mainland China as a necessary condition for their registration for the new semester. Students who have not purchased the comprehensive medical insurance that meets the requirements at the time of registration will not be registered by the school.
Matters related to purchasing insurance will be notified in detail before registering. Those who are admitted should handle insurance affairs according to the instructions on the notice.
(10) Accommodation Arrangement
For accommodation information, please refer to the Life Guide column on the homepage of the International Education Institute website. The online room selection system will be open to admitted students in February 2021.
Please refer to the notice for specific accommodation arrangements.
Mailing address: Office 418, International Education College Building, West District, Zijingang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Postal Code: 310058
Phone: +86 571 8795 3089
Fax: +86 571 87951755
Note: If there is any change in the above content, please refer to the final interpretation of the International Education College of Zhejiang University. Please pay attention to the update of the website of the International Education College of Zhejiang University in time.