Introduction to undergraduate enrollment
(1) Comprehensive information
Zhejiang University is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education of China, and one of the first batch of "double first-class" universities in China. Nearly one hundred undergraduate majors of Zhejiang University are distributed in the seven departments of the Faculty of Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Information, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Undergraduate majors are generally taught in Chinese, and some majors can be taught in English. The length of schooling is 4-6 years. Graduates who complete their studies and meet the requirements of the national degree-granting regulations will receive a bachelor's degree.
The catalog of undergraduate enrollment majors may be adjusted, please pay attention to the website of the International Education Institute for updates.
(2) Application period:
Chinese-taught undergraduate majors: from now until March 31, 2021
English-taught undergraduate majors: from now until May 31, 2021
Note: Applicants must apply and pay the application fee in the International Student Application and Admissions System of Zhejiang University before the deadline. The school’s winter vacation is from January 29, 2021, to February 26, 2021. Applications submitted during this period will be processed in time after the start of the new semester.
(3) Application fee, tuition, and insurance fee
1. Application fee: RMB 800. Regardless of whether they are admitted or not, they will not be refunded.
Chinese-taught undergraduate majors
Liberal Arts, History, and Philosophy
Science, engineering, agriculture, economics, management, education, law majors
Medicine, art majors
English-taught undergraduate majors
Sino-foreign cooperative education dual degree program in Haining International Campus
Engineering English Program of Zhejiang University
Global communication and management
For specific professional tuition standards and professional application requirements, please refer to the undergraduate admissions professional catalog.
3. Insurance premium: RMB 800/year (please refer to item 9 of this enrollment guide for details)
4. Payment method: Applicants can pay the application fee and tuition online in the International Student Application and Admissions System of Zhejiang University. If online payment is not possible, you need to remit the application fee to the designated bank account of our school and upload the scanned copy of the remittance voucher to the admissions system.
(4) Application qualifications
1. Non-Chinese citizens who are under the age of 25 and have good physical and mental health (no infectious diseases and physical or mental illnesses that affect normal learning) and good conduct. Hold a valid foreign passport and have graduated from high school (for those who have not graduated at the time of application, a certificate of pre-graduation must be provided, and a high school graduation certificate must be obtained at the latest before enrollment).
2. It meets the requirements of the Ministry of Education's Jiaowaihan  No. 12 documents.
2.1 Residents of Mainland China (Mainland), Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan who have immigrated to foreign countries as international students must obtain foreign nationality before April 30, 2017, and from April 30, 2017, to April 2021 Have a record of actually living abroad for more than 2 years by the 30th (the actual living abroad for 9 months in a year can be calculated as one year, subject to the entry and exit signatures).
2.2 If the applicant obtained foreign nationality at the time of birth in a foreign country, and the parents were both Chinese citizens at the time of birth, or one of the parents was a Chinese citizen, the applicant's parents (Chinese citizens) must obtain the foreign permanent residence right before the birth of the applicant, and the applicant Must have a record of actual residence abroad for more than 2 years from April 30, 2017, to April 30, 2021 (actually living abroad for 9 months in a year can be calculated as one year, based on entry and exit visas Chapter shall prevail).
3. Language proficiency requirements
3.1 For Chinese-taught majors, applicants need to provide HSK scores. For specific requirements, please refer to the Chinese-taught major's catalog for undergraduates.
3.2 For majors taught in English, the applicant’s Chinese proficiency is not required. If the native language is not English, TOEFL/IELTS or other English proficiency score certificates are required.
Our school’s TOEFL DI Code is C340, and TOEFL MyBest transcripts are accepted.
(5) Materials to be provided when applying
Applicants must log in to the International Student Application and Admissions System of Zhejiang University, fill in clearly, and completely upload the following materials as required:
1. Personal ordinary passport.
2. The original or notarized copy of the high school graduation certificate. For fresh high school graduates, the expected graduation certificate will be issued by the school where you are studying, and the original or notarized copy of the high school graduation certificate must be submitted when you enroll.
3. The original or notarized copy of the transcripts of all courses in high school.
4. Applicants for majors taught in Chinese must provide an HSK certificate, and the original must be provided when enrolling.
5. Applicants for English-taught majors are required to provide TOEFL/IELTS or other English proficiency score certificates, and the originals must be provided at the time of admission.
6. Two recommendation letters from high school teachers, signed by the recommender and attached with phone number and email.
7. A personal statement, no more than 800 words, including personal learning experience, application reasons, and personal advantages, etc.
8. The award certificate of high school subject competition (if any).
9. Those who were originally a Chinese citizen and later became a foreign national must submit (1) a certificate of Chinese nationality or household registration cancellation; (2) a certificate of naturalization as a foreign national; (3) from April 30, 2017, to April 30, 2021 Immigration records.
10. Applicants who were born in a foreign country and acquired foreign nationality, if both or one of their parents is Chinese citizens, must provide (1) the applicant’s foreign nationality certificate at birth; (2) the applicant’s parents (Chinese nationals) were born before the birth Foreign permanent residence certificate. (3) Entry records from April 30, 2017, to April 30, 2021.
11. Applicants who are under the age of 18 by September 1, 2021, must submit (1) a guardian guarantee letter (), the guardian must be an adult living in Hangzhou; (2) a power of attorney entrusted by the applicant's parents to guardianship Notarized documents.
- Applicants can apply with standardized test scores such as SAT/IB/GCE A-LEVEL/ACT/STPM/GED/UEC or the applicant's university entrance test scores. If only the transcript of the high school is provided, it is recommended to also provide the relative ranking or percentage of the applicant in the high school.
- The above application materials must be in Chinese or English, and notarized translations must be provided for documents in languages other than Chinese or English.
- Please do not mail the paper version of the application materials or send them by e-mail. The paper version of the application materials and the application materials sent by e-mail will not be reviewed and processed.
- The school may request the applicant to provide supplementary materials or conduct a video interview with the applicant according to the situation.
- Applicants from Zhejiang University University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Campus Union College and Zhejiang University Edinburgh University Union College must first go to the Zhejiang University University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Campus Union College website or Zhejiang University Edinburgh University Union College website to apply and pass the review. Then complete the online application of Zhejiang University International Student Application and Admissions System.
(6) Selection method, admission, and notification
1. The school will comprehensively consider the admissions based on factors such as students' high school grades, language proficiency, and video interview situation, and determine the list of pre-admitted students in batches. Applicants can log in to the Zhejiang University International Student Application and Admissions System to check the application results.
2. Pre-admitted students log in to apply and prepay the first academic year's tuition in the admissions system within the specified time of the school. If online payment is not possible, you need to remit the tuition to the designated bank account of our school and upload the scanned copy of the remittance voucher to the application and enrollment system. If the student fails to pay the tuition fee within the specified time, the pre-admission qualification will be canceled.
3. After confirming the receipt of the pre-paid tuition and the announcement of the school calendar for the new school year, our school will issue admission materials such as the "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China", and "New Students Admission Notice" to the officially admitted students.
1. Please be sure to accurately indicate the applicant's application number and name when remittances.
2. The school only reserves study places for students who have paid the tuition for the first academic year in advance. If students later give upcoming to our school for personal reasons or apply for withdrawal procedures after registering, resulting in vacancies in the school’s enrolled study places. Tuition fees paid for the first academic year are non-refundable.
3. If a student who has already been admitted fails to meet the school's registration requirements and is disqualified by the school when the school arrives, the pre-paid tuition fee will not be refunded.
(7) Check-in and register
1. Admitted students must come to the school to register and register in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice. Upon registration, the original graduation certificate, original HSK certificate, and original English proficiency score certificate will be verified. Those who fail to obtain the corresponding certificate will be disqualified for admission.
2. The opening of the journal will be at the end of August or the beginning of September 2021. The specific date is subject to the Admission Notice.
1. The Chinese Government Scholarship is only for majors taught in Chinese. Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship must apply through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in the country where the applicant is located. When filling in the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form", you need to fill in "Zhejiang University" as your first choice in the "Applying Institutions" column.
2. Zhejiang University Freshman Scholarship Zhejiang University has established a certain number of freshman scholarships for international freshmen of undergraduate majors taught in Chinese with good academic attitudes and good grades, with a funding amount of 20,000 yuan. If you need to apply, please fill in the "Zhejiang University International Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form" and submit it together with other application materials.
3. Haining International Campus Sino-foreign Cooperative Education Double Degree Program (Taught in English) Scholarships Haining International Campus Sino-foreign Cooperative Education Double Degree Program (Taught in English) offers full or partial scholarships. Applicants must apply through the website of the Union College of Zhejiang University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or the website of the Union College of Zhejiang University, Edinburgh University.
4. Zhejiang University Engineering Scholarship in English
5. International United Business School Global Communication and Management Project (English-taught) Scholarship
(9) Medical insurance
Cost: RMB 800/year.
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students who come to our school for one semester or more must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in mainland China as a necessary condition for registration procedures for the new semester. Students who have not purchased the comprehensive medical insurance that meets the requirements at the time of registration will not be registered by the school.
Matters related to purchasing insurance will be notified in detail before registering. Those who are admitted should handle insurance affairs according to the instructions on the notice.
(10) Accommodation Arrangement
For accommodation information, please refer to the Life Guide column on the homepage of the International Education Institute website. The online room selection system will be open to admitted students in early August 2021. Please refer to the notice for specific accommodation arrangements.
Mailing address: Room 418, International Education College Building, West District, Zijingang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China Postcode: 310058
Tel: +86 571 87951456 (Chinese-taught major)
+86 571 87951718 (English-taught major)
Email: email@example.com (Chinese-taught major)
firstname.lastname@example.org (English-taught major)
Fax: +86 571 87951755