Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship consists of several types, such as university program, bilateral program, and others.
- Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program
- Chinese Government Scholarship-Great Wall Program
- Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program
- Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
- Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program
- Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program
The university program of Chinese Government Scholarship in Zhengzhou University is only for selected subjects with very limited seats, and applicants are supposed to contact their supervisor first. We'd like to encourage the master applicants to apply for bilateral or other programs of CSC Scholarships in the Chinese Embassy in your country first. Detailed information about the full scholarship of the Chinese government is available at http://www.csc.edu.cn. Please go to http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and choose Type A and fill in 10459 as the agency code for Zhengzhou University.
Acceptance Letters will be issued only to applicants who submit applications to the Chinese Embassy. Before submission to the Chinese embassy, applicants can submit all documents in the online application system of Zhengzhou University at https://zzu.17gz.org. Please choose the "Chinese Government Scholarship General Recruitment Program". After assessing the qualification, we will issue an Acceptance letter at the applicant's request.
1. Application form of China University Project
For applicants of the Chinese University Program, the agency code for Zhengzhou University is 10459. Applicants can apply to Zhengzhou University for this scholarship program between January and early April. The specific deadline for online application is the end of March each year, and the paper-based application is April 10th. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all paper-based documents reach Zhengzhou University before the deadline. For other Programs, applicants should follow the instructions of these scholarship programs.
2. Application Procedure
- Applicants directly apply to Zhengzhou University. Please visit https://zzu.17gz.org and choose "Chinese Government Scholarship Independent Recruitment Program" to submit your scholarship and study application. You also can visit the website international.zzu.edu.cn, www.csc.edu.cn/laihua, or www.campuschina.org, for more information about Zhengzhou University.
- Recommended candidates must finish the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Please go to http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and choose Type B and fill in 10459 as the agency code for Zhengzhou University. Then complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hard copy.
- A package of complete application documents must be submitted to Zhengzhou University before the deadline.
- Please NOTE CSC does not accept any individual application other than the recommended applications from Zhengzhou University. Applicants should consult Zhengzhou University for the instructions of the CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
3. Result Releasing
- Zhengzhou University will review the application documents and decide on the nominated candidates.
- Nominated candidates will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
- Each applicant is eligible for only one scholarship. CSC is authorized to award only one scholarship to each applicant nominated by more than one university.
- CSC will send, before June 30th, the Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) of the approved applicants to the host universities, who will forward the documents to the scholarship winners.
- Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties, host universities, or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship.
- If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved.
4. Frequent Asked Questions of China Government Scholarship
(1) What kinds of programs will be covered by the Chinese government scholarship?
Nondegree program (full-time Chinese language programs, general scholar and senior scholar programs) and Degree program (full-time bachelor, master, and doctor programs) can be supported by China Government Scholarship. Joint non-degree and degree programs could not be supported by the China Government Scholarship.
(2) Is there any restrictions on a specific program for the China Government Scholarship?
China Government Scholarship will not support any language & literature program other than Chinese. The program of English, French, applicants’ native language or another language will not be covered by the scholarship.
(3) Will the China Government Scholarship support students who are already studying in China?
China Government Scholarship intends to support new applicants to study in China. Therefore the first 6 programs of the China Government Scholarship only support new students, not including students who are studying in China.
(4) Can International students who graduated from Chinese universities apply for a China Government Scholarship for further study?
a: International students who graduated from overseas universities can apply for all programs of China Government Scholarship to support their further study in China.
b: International students who newly graduated from Chinese universities can not apply for the first programs, but other programs of China Government Scholarship to support their further study in China.
c: International students who graduated from Chinese universities previously can apply for all the programs of China Government Scholarship to support their further study in China.
(5) Can applicants apply for more than one university with Chinese government scholarships?
Applicants can apply for three universities with a Chinese government scholarship to study in China at the same time. But the scholarship will only support their study in one of the universities. It is suggested that the applicant should select the target university reasonably. It is strongly recommended that applicants apply for only one Chinese university, especially in graduate programs.
(6) Can applicants apply for the Chinese government scholarship program, once they are in another scholarship program?
If you already in the program of other scholarships, such as scholarships, Confucius Institute Scholarship, Chinese Local Government Scholarships, Foreign Government Scholarships, Foreign Enterprises Scholarships, Chinese Enterprises Scholarships, can not apply for Chinese government scholarships.
(7) What does the living expense of the China Government Scholarship include?
The living expense of China government scholarship usually includes the food and beverage fees, water and power cost, communications costs, outpatient fees, transportation fees, teaching materials, medical expenses, and residence permit fees.
(8) Does the Chinese Government Scholarship cover the HSK and HSK examination fees in the preparatory program?
Students with china government scholarships should bear the HSK and HSKK examination costs in their preparatory program.
(9) Does the Chinese Government Scholarship cover the fee incurred in oral debating and graduation?
Students with china government scholarships should bear the cost incurred by oral debating and graduation.
(10) What is the agent code of Zhengzhou University?
The University code is 10459
(11) What is the time span for applying for the Chinese government scholarship at Zhengzhou University?
January 1st - March 30th
(12) What is the time span for applying for the Chinese government scholarship at Zhengzhou University?
January 1st - March 30th
(13) What is the Chinese language requirement for CSC students of the CMI master program in their preparatory courses?
a: For CSC students of the CMI (Chinese Mediated Instruction) master program, their Chinese proficiency must reach HSK Level 3, >180, or equivalent after the preparatory Chinese course.
b: For CSC students of the CMI doctor program, their Chinese proficiency must reach HSK Level 3, >210 or equivalent after the preparatory Chinese course.
(14) What is an academic requirement of applicants for the Chinese government scholarship program?
Applicants should normally be up to 70 points (percentile) or GPA 2.8 (out of 4) or GPA 3.5 (out of 5).
(15) How to apply?
a: For the first program of the Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program), the applicant should apply directly to the theZhengzhouUniversity, without pre-admission.
For the rest of china's government scholarship programs, the applicants should apply to the department as stated in the scholarship and obtain the pre-admission notice from Zhengzhou Universityto support their application.
b: Applicants should log on to the Chinese Government Scholarship Online Registration System
to complete the online application.
c: Applicants should log on to the theZhengzhouUniversityonline application platform
to complete the online application.
(16) What about the application fee for the Chinese government scholarship?
ZhengzhouUniversitydoes do not collect any application fees from the Chinese government scholarship applicants.